Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the website of Susan Nicholson - 7 day menu planner. I haven't tried this but it sounds very tempting.
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 (4 ounce) lean boneless pork chops
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Process pecans, bread crumbs, salt, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper in a blender until pecans are finely chopped. Place flour, buttermilk and pecan mixture into three separate shallow containers. Coat pork chops in flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat in pecan mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- Arrange pork on a rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Coat pork evenly with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes. Turn; coat pork with cooking spray. Bake 5 more minutes or until chops reach 155 degrees. Remove from oven and serve. (Adapted from Southern Living magazine.)
- Note: Spread pecans evenly on a flat baking sheet; toast in a 350-degree oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden.
Fixed this tonight & had company for dinner. They all loved it, I made mine with a chicken breast though, (I don't eat pork)the chicken was very good. The only thing I would change is next time I think I will skip dipping it in the buttermilk, I think it made the bottom a little soggy, even on the rack..but the flavor...mmmmm