Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from the local Catfish Festival....yes, we can use almost anything to have a reason for a party! VERY delicious way to serve catfish!
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place fish in pan and set aside.
- Combine oil, cajun seasoning, lemon juice and thyme in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spoon or brush half of the mixture on the fish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, chopped pecans, parsley, parmesan cheese and the remaining half of the oil mixture in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto fish filets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (longer depending on the thickness of the fish) or until fish flakes easily. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
We loved this recipe! I subbed some light sole for the catfish and baked it for only 10 minutes, but the top still got a bit crunchy. The flavor was wonderful and I know we will make this many times using a variety of fish.
I used flounder because my DH doesn`t enjoy catfish. I think this would be really great for the catfish. I found this very good just a bit much for the flounder. Being the flounder was thinner then catfish I baked at 375 for 15 minutes. Thanks