Recipe by mailbelle
Use honey roasted peanuts to make this sweet and spicy snack! This is great to make and give as gifts. From one of my favorite cookbooks, "BHG Off The Shelf Cooking." Cook time includes cooling time.
Top Review by Chic Lil Chef
These taste like 5 stars but the texture is not what I thought it should be. Mine are sticky not crunchy. I will make again using melted butter or oil instead of the egg white to try fixing this as well as maybe baking for a longer period of time at a lower oven temperature. REVISED: I put them back in the oven with a 250 baking temp for 30 min. stirring every 10 and they came out DELISH! I suggest trying these and if they come out sticky then try this fix because they are worth it.
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can honey-roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg white with rotary beater until frothy. Stir in Cajun seasoning and cayene pepper. Add peanuts and toss to coat.
- Spread peanuts in a single layer in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking. Cool completely. Break up any large clusters of peanuts.