Recipe by Photo Momma
This is such a yummy, spicy dinner! Sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, I will use a large can of diced tomatoes instead of chopping up the fresh. You could also add some chicken to this dish if you would like.
Top Review by Twiggyann
We enjoyed this very much. I added two chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces that I cooked in about 1 tbsp of olive oil and seasoned with cajun seasoning and some of Emeril's Essence seasoning to the sauce right before I tossed everything together. For us, that made 4 servings (I cooked about 3/4 lb of linguine)
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 13 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta water is boiling, in a large skillet over medium heat, briefly saute garlic in oil.
- Stir in tomatoes and their juice and sprinkle with salt. When tomatoes are bubbly, mash slightly with a fork.
- Stir in parsley, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Toss hot pasta with tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan.