Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cajun Paella Beat chicken meal i had
- 1 tablespoon salt, seasoned
- 1 can artichoke heart
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 cups converted rice
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 lbs sliced smoked sausage
- 2 (1 lb) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cans broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs diced raw chicken
- 1 lb diced tasso
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 lb frozen green pea
- In a large NON STICK pot heat oil till smoking an brown diced chicken,sauage, then tasso.
- Add diced onions reduce heat after onions are opiac.
- add shrimp, tomatos onion soup, italian seasoning an salt.
- mix well, let simmer 20 minutes.
- add bell peppers, artichokes an any other vegs disered.
- reduce heat to low.
- cook 3 cups of rice, substituting broth for the water.
- Add 1 T turmic to rice for color.
- mix together meat& rice garnish with parsley are green onions.
Sounds good.I plan on trying it this coming week end.I probably will add additional cayenne pepper if I can't find any Andouille Sausage. Thanks, I grew up eating Paella in New Orleans. Cajun Paul.