Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a Gourmet magazine way back in the 80's, and I still make them often my family loves these! If you want you can omit the Cajun seasoning! If you are lucky enough to own a mandoline, then use it to slice the potatoes. Your oven must be at 500 degrees to create a crispy potato slice! You could reduce the recipe to half if desired but why would you want too, you won't be able to stop eating these, they are that good, so better make the full amount!!!
- Pat the potato slices dry using paper towels.
- Arrange the potato slices in one layer on two buttered cookie sheets pans.
- Brush the slices with melted butter.
- Bake in a 500 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with Cajun seasoning and coarse salt.
These were very good and easy! Do try to slice as evenly as possible because the thin slices will, of course, cook before the thicker slices. The slices did get crispy and the cajun seasoning is a great flavor on the potatoes. Definitely will use this recipe again! Thanks Kittencal!