Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Here is a special beverage to enjoy with Cajun food. This was shared in my "birthday book" by Linda W. to be served with her Smoked Sausage and Oysters. Plan ahead - it takes 3 days to spice up the orange juice before you can "let the good times roll!"
- 1 quart orange juice
- 6 pickled jalapeno peppers, brine-packed, pickled
- champagne, well chilled
- ice, crushed
- Pour orange juice into a non-metallic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Slice the pickled jalapeños into half-inch rounds - do not remove seeds.
- Add the jalapeños to the orange juice.
- Place lid on container and shake well.
- Refrigerate 3 days.
- When read to serve, strain orange juice, discarding peppers.
- Fill champagne glasses half full of crushed ice.
- Fill glasses half full of orange juice.
- Add enough Champagne to fill glasses.
- Stir gently and serve.