Recipe by HappyVal
Here is a cornbread recipe that I came up with after trying a few other recipes and mixed it up my way. Hope you enjoy. I make this with lots of things, especially good with Chili, Red Beans and Rice, Smothered Round Steak and gravy, (the list could go on......)
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 -4 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper (chopped)
- chopped jalapeno (adjust amount to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (mexican blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Lightly oil your 10 inch black iron skillet (bottom and sides) and let it get hot in the oven while mixing above ingredients.
- If you do not have a skillet use a 9 X 13 pan.
- Once skillet is hot, pour in mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.