Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A nice dish to sevre to the family.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, divided use
- 2 teaspoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet with butter, add next 7 ingredients; cook until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- In a bowl, combine meat, egg, oats, half a cup of the ketchup, Lea&Perrins and the cheese.
- Blend in vegetables.
- Form into a loaf in a 9-1/2x5x3-inch loaf baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes; spread top with 1/4 cup of the ketchup; bake for another 45 minutes more.
This meatloaf is SOOOO tasty. It smells like heaven cooking and tastes even better! I like the unusual combination of spices, it really made the difference. I loved it warm with dinner and leftover in meatloaf sandwiches! Thanks Drago for a great meal!
This was a great change from the traditional meatloaf. Thanks for the recipe!!
This was excellent. It smelled great cooking and tasted even better. I did not let it sit long enough once I took it out of the oven, so it crumbled a bit. Something to remember for next time. Will definetly make it again.