1/1 Photo of Cajun Meatloaf
1 hr 20 mins
Tired of the same old meatloaf? Try this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 12 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, lighthy beaten
- 1 cup very fine dry breadcrumb
- 1combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2melt the butter in 1 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- 3add the onions, celery, bell pepper, green onions, garlic, tabasco, worcestershire and seasoning mix.
- 4saute until mixture starts sticking excessively, about 6 mins, stirring occasionally and scraping the pan bottom well.
- 5stir in the milk and 1/2 cup catsup.
- 6continue cooking for about 2 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 7remove from the heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- 8place the ground beef and pork in an ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 9add the eggs, the cooked vegetable mixture removing the bay leaves, the bread crumbs.
- 10mix by hand until thoroughly combined in the center of the pan -- shape the mixture into a loaf that is about 1 1/2 inches high x 6 inches wide and 12 inches long.
- 11bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes, then raise heat to 400 and continue cooking until done, about 35 minutes longer.
- 12serve immediately,.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.3
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 232.0 mg
- Sodium 1521.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g