Recipe by Mille®
NOT your ordinary meatloaf!
Top Review by JustJanS
We ate this tasty meatloaf tonight for dinner and really enjoyed the combination of spicy flavours. Although we cooked it at the temp suggested, we found that the top had burned quite badly with the chilli sauce glaze. Next time, I will reduce the heat and cover it loosely with aluminium foil. We served this with minted natural yoghurt on the side.
- 4 ounces onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, canned,no oil,diced
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 4 fluid ounces low-sodium chili sauce, bottled
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb lean beef, ground
- 1⁄2 lb lean veal or 1⁄2 lb lamb, ground
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, ground
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onion and garlic in chicken broth until soft.
- Stir in red peppers, tomato paste, chili sauce, and Cajun spices.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meats, sautéed onion mixture, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the bread crumbs, form into a loaf shape and place into ungreased 3½ô by 8ô loaf pan.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons of chili sauce.
- Bake until cooked through for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into 8 slices.