Recipe by Candace Michelle
This came from an old cookbook that belonged to my mom.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
I have to give this recipe a mixed review. We loved the meatballs although I had to reduce the amount of worcestershire sauce to 1 Tbsp because it's all I had. On the other hand we found the sauce much too sweet. I will be making the meatballs again, they were so tender and tasty, but next time with a different sauce.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups peach preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, Tabasco sauce, Cajun seasoning, worcestershire sauce, onion, bread crumbs, milk, and eggs.
- Form mixture into 1/2 in size meatballs and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 45 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.
- Remove meatballs from oven and transfer to paper towels to dran fat. In a small bowl, prepare sauce by whisking together barbecue sauce and peach preserves until well blended.
- Place warm meatballs in a serving dish and cover with sauce. Toss meatballs thoroughly to coat with sauce. Serve warm.