Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best mashed potatoes recipe ever! I started this around 20 years ago and refined it over the years to this recipe. My kids love it!
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup land o lakes butter
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 1" squares. LEAVE the skins on the potatoes.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot for 15-20 minutes or until the skins freely separate from the potatoes.
- A few minutes prior to draining the potatoes, put the butter, salt, pepper, and cream cheese in a small bowl and microwave until soft.
- Add the Mrs. Dash seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- When the potatoes are done, drain the water from them but leave them in the pot.
- Pour the cheese/butter/seasoning mixture on top. Add milk, a little at a time, until the consistency is as you like it.
- Mix thoroughly with a potato masher, adding up to more milk if desired.
- Serve hot.
Husband loved it! Kids liked it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm sure we will make it again.