Paul in Owens Cross Roads's Note:
Best mashed potatoes recipe ever! I started this around 20 years ago and refined it over the years to this recipe. My kids love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the potatoes and cut into 1" squares. LEAVE the skins on the potatoes.
- 2Boil the potatoes in a large pot for 15-20 minutes or until the skins freely separate from the potatoes.
- 3A few minutes prior to draining the potatoes, put the butter, salt, pepper, and cream cheese in a small bowl and microwave until soft.
- 4Add the Mrs. Dash seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- 5When the potatoes are done, drain the water from them but leave them in the pot.
- 6Pour the cheese/butter/seasoning mixture on top. Add milk, a little at a time, until the consistency is as you like it.
- 7Mix thoroughly with a potato masher, adding up to more milk if desired.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 507.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g