Recipe by Jostlori
Ok, I know Margarita's are not a true Cajun specialty. But being a fan of Margaritas, this just sounds like something too interesting to pass up! From tideandthyme.com, supposedly from the HBO series True Blood set in Louisiana. If using the chile-infused tequila, note the time requirements for steeping and plan ahead. The sweet & sour of the margarita temper the spiciness.
Top Review by loof
Yaaaaaheeeee this was hot but good! I used recipe #364662 to infuse the tequila and also for the garnish. This was a nice change of pace from your typical margarita - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
- 4 ounces chile-infused tequila (optional)
- 3 ounces orange liqueur
- 3 ounces margarita mix
- 1 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce or 1 teaspoon any other louisiana hot sauce
- 2 cups ice
- chili pepper (to garnish)
- lime slice, for garnish
FOR THE CHILE-INFUSED TEQUILA
- 5 jalapeno peppers, halved
- 5 serrano peppers, halved
- 1 cup tequila
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CHILE-INFUSED TEQUILA: combine all ingredients in a jar or bowl. Cover, and let sit at room temperature overnight or at least 2 hours. Strain into bottle or jar and keep in a cool, dark place.
- Rim margarita glasses with salt by running a slice of lime around rim and then dipping in margarita salt. Set aside.
- To make the margaritas, combine the chile-infused tequila, orange liqueur, margarita mix, hot sauce, and ice in a blender. Cover, and puree for 1 minute, until no chunks of ice remain.
- Fill the prepared glasses with blended margaritas. Garnish with lime slices and a whole chile pepper.