Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so good! I looked for a good recipe for maple glaze for chicken or fish or *whatever* that had the ingredients that I had on hand, but I just couldn't find the right one, so I created this extremely simple recipe myself and it was a success. I guess sometimes, to find the right answers, you have to look within!
- 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cajun seasoning (can use more or less depending on whether or not you want a sweeter or spicier piece of meat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 mahi mahi fillets
- Mix all ingredients together except for fish. Spoon mixture over fish.
- Place fish into shallow pan (sprayed heavily with cooking spray) and sautee with onions if desired for about 3-5 minutes on the first side and 2-3 minutes on the second side. Add more of the syrup mixture if you want.
- Best served with rice.
- ***Can also marinate fish for a few hours for maximum flavor.
I made this last night for dinner and it was so easy!! I put a little too much cajun seasoning but that was easily remedied by adding more maple syrup. I don't own a grill, so I baked the fish. So good..definitely making again. Baked at 350 for 20 minutes
Had a little dinner party and followed this recipe with a few changes: doubled the ingredients for 6 mahi steaks, added lemon pepper, lemon juice, and cooked them atop the sauteed onions (with olive oil). Served the mahi on a bed of fresh spinach and drizzled the juice & onions on top. Everyone LOVED it (including me!!) Thanks so much.
This was so easy that my eight yr. old made it all by himself, and it was so good. We will make this again!