Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had this at my monthly Bunco group. One of the lady's husbands made it and gave us the recipe. It is to die for. I add in diced green pepper, saute it with the shrimp and more seasoning than called for when I make it.
- 453.59 g cavatappi pasta, cooked
- 118.32 ml butter, divided
- 453.59 g medium shrimp, cut in thirds
- 4.92 ml cajun seasoning, divided
- 14.79 ml grated onion
- 44.37 ml flour
- 709.77 ml milk
- 226.79 g swiss cheese (grated)
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 453.59 g monterey jack pepper cheese (grated and divided)
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, remove.
- In same pan melt 2T butter, add onion and sauté 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and heat approximately 4 minutes.
- Add Swiss, cheddar and 3/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta.
- Pour into buttered cassserole dish.
- Top with 1/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, bread crumbs, 3 T. melted butter and parsley.
- Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
Oh fabulous!!!! I made the shrimp quite spicy and turns out thats a good thing, because they are toned down by the mac 'n 'cheese and its creamy delicious sauce, so dont hold back on the spice. This is not just wonderful comfort food but a very decadent twist on an everyday meal, we loved this and it'll definitely be made time and again! Thank you, RGW, delicious, made for PAC Fall 2012