Recipe by RepoGuysWife
I had this at my monthly Bunco group. One of the lady's husbands made it and gave us the recipe. It is to die for. I add in diced green pepper, saute it with the shrimp and more seasoning than called for when I make it.
Top Review by Isabelle A.
This recipe was delicious! My husband was saying "mmm," with every bite and he doesn't even like mac & cheese. I followed the directions exactly, added extra cajun seasoning and put in some chopped bacon.
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, cooked
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cut in thirds
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese (grated and divided)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, remove.
- In same pan melt 2T butter, add onion and sauté 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and heat approximately 4 minutes.
- Add Swiss, cheddar and 3/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta.
- Pour into buttered cassserole dish.
- Top with 1/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, bread crumbs, 3 T. melted butter and parsley.
- Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.