1/1 Photo of Cajun Macaroni and Cheese With Shrimp
1 hr 5 mins
I had this at my monthly Bunco group. One of the lady's husbands made it and gave us the recipe. It is to die for. I add in diced green pepper, saute it with the shrimp and more seasoning than called for when I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, cooked
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cut in thirds
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 lb swiss cheese (grated)
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese (grated and divided)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- 3Add shrimp, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning.
- 4Cook 3-4 minutes, remove.
- 5In same pan melt 2T butter, add onion and sauté 1 minute.
- 6Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute.
- 7Whisk in milk and heat approximately 4 minutes.
- 8Add Swiss, cheddar and 3/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, stir until smooth.
- 9Add 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- 10Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta.
- 11Pour into buttered cassserole dish.
- 12Top with 1/4 lb. pepper Jack cheese, bread crumbs, 3 T. melted butter and parsley.
- 13Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Macaroni and Cheese With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.9
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 221.4 mg
- Sodium 1031.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 47.6 g