Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A co-worker made this today and it knocked me off my low carb diet. It has a certain zip to it not found in most macaroni and cheese recipes. Must be the Zatarain's. Anyway, I thought it was the best macaroni and cheese recipe I have ever had.
- 1 (1 lb) box elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- zatarian's cajun seasoning
- black pepper
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions w/ a capful of oil.
- Drain and rinse noodles.
- Season noodles with Zatarains and pepper to taste.
- In bowl, mix eggs, milk, soup, melted butter, Zatarians and pepper.
- Add cheeses to noodles.
- Add egg mixture to noodles.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan for 45-60 min, until top is browned.
This ended up to be a perfect dinner tonight. Great results here. Kids especially enjoyed this. Made as posted. This would be perfect for a weeknight dinner for the kids and familyMade for I recommend tag.
Great macaroni. I halved the recipe with very good results. Made for Cajun/Creole.