Recipe by islandgirl77551
I came up with this idea for grilling shrimp a few days ago. I served the kabobs on a bed of Zatarain's Jambalaya Rice along with fresh tomatoes & cucumbers in vinegar & oil.
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 lb chicken (tenderloin or boneless breast)
- 1 lb andouille sausage (or skinless smoked sausage)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tony chacherie's cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water for a few minutes.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tail on, if you like.
- Cut chicken and sausage into bite sized pieces and brown in olive oil.
- Thread shrimp,chicken and sausage onto skewers; about 3 pieces of each.
- Melt butter and mix in teriyaki, Tabasco and Cajun seasoning.
- Brush butter mixture onto kabobs.
- Cook kabobs on grill just until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove from grill and brush with butter mixture again before serving.