1/7 Photos of Cajun Jelly Roll Steak
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Cajun Deb's Note:
I came up with this recipe to save time due to working long hours. Now retired. Very easy, can be put together and cooked days later. Great around busy times like Christmas. Can prep on Sunday then cook on Tue. or Wed. I toned down the seasoning but can season according to taste. Also makes a good sandwich for lunch the next day. Can be cut up and added to a salad. As I stated this is a good choice for a busy life or for a busy fisherman ( my hubby said fishing is like a job) he sure works alot. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1rinse steak.
- 2rub 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes all over steak and set aside.
- 3mix remaining ingredients with ground meat.
- 4lay steak out flat on cookie sheet.
- 5spread the seasoned ground meat over the steak.
- 6roll up steak (jelly roll style).
- 7tie each end and middle with string.
- 8wrap in foil.
- 9bake on cookie sheet.
- 10375 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 11unwrap for the last 15 minutes to brown turn after first 7 minutes to brown other side.
- 12remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 13slice and serve.
- 14can serve with cream potatoes on the side with gravy.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Jelly Roll Steak
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.9
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 589.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground meat