Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe to save time due to working long hours. Now retired. Very easy, can be put together and cooked days later. Great around busy times like Christmas. Can prep on Sunday then cook on Tue. or Wed. I toned down the seasoning but can season according to taste. Also makes a good sandwich for lunch the next day. Can be cut up and added to a salad. As I stated this is a good choice for a busy life or for a busy fisherman ( my hubby said fishing is like a job) he sure works alot. lol
- 1 large round steak (bone removed)
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 finely diced garlic clove
- rinse steak.
- rub 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes all over steak and set aside.
- mix remaining ingredients with ground meat.
- lay steak out flat on cookie sheet.
- spread the seasoned ground meat over the steak.
- roll up steak (jelly roll style).
- tie each end and middle with string.
- wrap in foil.
- bake on cookie sheet.
- 375 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- unwrap for the last 15 minutes to brown turn after first 7 minutes to brown other side.
- remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
- slice and serve.
- can serve with cream potatoes on the side with gravy.
This was easy and fast. The meat was tasty and flavorful. My family(I'm a family of one) and friends enjoyed it a lot. the spice was just right,not too spicy,just enough to kick the taste buds. Will make again. Made for PAC 2009