Recipe by Cristina Barry
I am currently working on a Cajun themed get together. I'll let you know how this recipe works with my guests. Retrieved from www.foodtv.com
Top Review by punkinie
Very tasty. Used gulf shrimp & chicken thighs. Nice complex spicing. Rice is mushy only if you overcook it or it sits too long. So it's not a dish that holds well appearance wise but taste wise it's still good. My guests were very happy!
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery, 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces.
- Stir in rice and slowly add broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage.
- Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.