Recipe by 2Bleu
A Louisiana favorite of shrimp, chicken, sausage and rice.
Top Review by margieshea
This was amazing! I added extra amounts of the vegetables as I was using up some from my garden- that is really the only change I made though- I was worried that it would be too spicy- but it was not- It had just the right amount of kick- and the flavors went together SO well! I added just one teaspoon of salt and pepper at the end( instead of two)- The taste is just fantastic and everyone in my family loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. Set aside.
- In a large pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.