Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have cooked this many ways, this is just one version. Don't be afraid of changing things.This makes a large pot.
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb hickory smoked sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb smoked ham, cubed
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, boned and cubed
- 1 lb crawfish, tails and fat
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 2 cups good stock
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, cubed large
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Emeril's Original Essence or lusianne creole seasoning
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Coat chicken breasts generously with Essence and cook in microwave for 9 to 11 minutes or until just done. Set aside to cool.
- In a large Dutch oven, brown the sausage and drain any excess oil. (you want to leave a little).
- Add the ham, onions, bell pepper, and celery, cook for about 5 minutes until onions begin to clear.
- Add the stock, wine, spices, mushrooms, cubed chicken and rice.
- Cook simmering for about 20 minutes, then add the shrimp and crawfish tails.
- Cook 5 to eight minutes longer and check the seasoning to finish.
- This dish should not be soupy, it should be thick with not a lot of extra water.