1/2 Photos of Cajun Jalapeno Poppers
Lande Hoffman's Note:
This recipe came from taste testing poppers all over. I combined what I liked and discarded the rest. You can use fresh peppers or prepackaged peppers (not recommended,to soft). If I use fresh, I sometimes like to slice them in half, leaving the stem, de-vein and seed them and saute' them in my favorite beer to soften them up just a little (2-4 minutes). Another tip is to always use protective cooking gloves when dealing with peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 fresh fresh jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces of shredded cheese (cheese of your choice or any mixture, I use 2 or more of the following parmesan, cheddar, colby, ric)
- progresso breadcrumbs
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- 1/2 ounce olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 12 slices pimientos, finely chopped
- 3 pinches cayenne pepper (1tablespoon or to taste)
- 1Halve the jalapenos leaving the stem attached, de-vein and seed them.
- 2Setting the halved jalapenos and bread crumbs aside, mix all of the other ingredients together.
- 3Take your mixture and completely fill the jalepeno cavities to their brim and set aside.
- 4Put bread crumbs on a flat plate.
- 5Take jalapeno halves, one at a time, and roll cheese side only in bread crumbs and place cheese/crumb side up on a baking pan Once completed if you like a thick crumb layer, you can repeat this step.
- 6If you do not intend to bake finished product skip the rolling part and just lightly sprinkle the top of the jalepenos with the bread crumbs.
- 7Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until mixture starts to bubble.
- 8I like to refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to baking Sometimes I prepare the day before, cover and refrigerate.
- 9Serve warm, room temperature or chilled with any or all of the recommended sauces.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.9
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 249.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g