Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cajun honey cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup toasted nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup fruit (apples, peaches, figs, blackberries,)
- Melt butter w honey.
- Add eggs and lemon juice. mix well and SLOWLY. Add flour, salt and baking powder mix.
- Add chopped nuts and fruit (batter WILL be stiff).
- Pour in to greased floured baking pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes are till cake tests done.
The baking powder is super overpowering. Since eggs were not listed in ingredients, I googled for the recipe and found it. It calls for 3 large eggs. Because of the baking powder, it is inedible.