Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this recipe while deployed to southern Spain. The guys from my unit love them. They are bigger, taste better and are less expensive than the high end pre made ones from the store.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon zatarain cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard powder
- Mix all ingredients together. I mix it all with my hands for between 10 to 15 minutes. A machine mixer would work fine too.
- Place meat and spice mix into sealable plastic bag and refridgerate over night.
- Prepare the grill for direct medium heat.
- Seperate the meat into 9 or 10 equal parts. Pat meat by hand until about 3/4 inch thick.
- Grill until clear juice comes to the surface. Turn and grill the same on the second side. Serve them how you like your burgers.
I cut the recipe in half since it's just the two of us...I also added some chopped onion. I thought it was a little over-seasoned, but still pretty good. My wife, however, didn't care for it I'm still giving it 4 stars. THANKS for sharing!!!