Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spicy, tasty, heart-warming.
Make and share this Cajun Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian tomato soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup kettle, cook beef & onion over medium heat until beef is browned.
- Add remaining ingredients & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer, covered, for 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
This is a fabulous soup. It is a cross between a Vegetable Chili and Vegetable Soup. I wouldn't really call it Hamburger Soup. I placed everything in my crockpot except the shredded cabbage and only 1 quart of water. With this recipe, I was able to feel my Rival 6 qt slow cooker. I also used beef bouillon instead of chicken. This was fantastic. Served it with side salad and corn bread. Had enough leftovers for lunches for my children and I. Thanks for posting.