Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple, quick, economical dish with a zing. Serve with green peas and Tomato Pudding (Tomato Pudding) for a nutrious and colorful meal.
- Saute onions in oil and butter over medium high heat until golden.
- Add ham, potatoes, oregano, thyme, and cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Remove cover, add green chilis and cook until potatoes are tender and browned and crusty.
- Stir, scraping up browned bits and adding more oil if necessary.
- Add green onions, adjust seasonings and cook 2 minutes.
This was good. I served it for dinner with cheese on top and a green salad on the side.
This was a delicious breakfast! I used a homemade Essence from this site for the cajun seasoning and also melted a handful of grated cheese on the finished product. I added some salt and I shouldn't have, it was a bit salty, I'll know not to do that next time. I also didn't add the thyme or oregano as the homemade Essence has those ingredients in it and I thought it might be too much. I served with scrambled eggs and toast and it had some zing to it and was really easy to prepare. We really enjoyed this recipe, thanks for posting!
DEEEELICIOUS!!!!! Made it this morning after I ran out of ideas for breakfast and I have to admit I was a bit unsure of the recipe(I mean hash brown with thyme?) But it was wonderful. Even my father who hardly ever comments on my cooking said it was wonderful:) and since I like my hash browns really crispy,I divided the mixture into portions and fried them separately in a greased skillet.Soooo good.I'll be making this again and again!! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!!!