- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked ham, diced
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in oil and butter over medium high heat until golden.
- Add ham, potatoes, oregano, thyme, and cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Remove cover, add green chilis and cook until potatoes are tender and browned and crusty.
- Stir, scraping up browned bits and adding more oil if necessary.
- Add green onions, adjust seasonings and cook 2 minutes.