Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A good recipe for using leftover ham.
Make and share this Cajun Ham and Potato Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup lean ham, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, chili powder, and cumin.
- Add potatoes, onion and ham; toss to coat.
- Transfer to the pan.
- Bake, covered, for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender.
If I had left off the red wine vinegar, I think we would have enjoyed this dish. It just seemed to overpower the other flavors. Sorry I couldn't rate this one higher, but I plan to make it again and reduce or even omit the vinegar.
I was a little disappointed, I didn't think it had much flavor! My husband thought it was good though and ate enough for both of us;) It seemed really dry and the vinegar taste was too strong!
Though not usually a fan of 'Cajun' recipes, I really liked this one. It is quick and easy, and the flavor is not too strong. I did need to add a little salt on my plate, and my hubby said it didn't have enough flavor for him. But I would definitely make it again.