Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
Tired of sausage that claims to be hot but isn't? Try this recipe. You'll need a grinder with sausage stuffing horn if you want links. Otherwise, use a food processor, and make into patties to pan fry and freeze the rest.
Top Review by BabyKEsq
Really nice flavor and definitely retains the spicy habanero flavor. I used "pork shoulder" (??) and trimmed it from the bone as it was all I could find. It was the first time trying to grind meat in my food processor and it went smoothly (did it in two batches). Needed to add salt to the patty after it was cooked, but very good overall.
- 3 lbs pork butt
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 4 habanero peppers (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind pork butt with 1/4" plate.
- Mix all ingredients really well. Let stand in refrigerator over night.
- Stuff into casings forming 6" links. Let hang for 1 hour before cooking.
- Place in frying pan with 1/2" water, cover and cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking until water is gone and sausages are browned.
- Or cook on grill over medium coals until brown.
- Note: If you have a smoker, these are great smoked.