A recipe from Rachael Ray. Something I'll probably try soon with tortilla chips :p
Make and share this Cajun Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a serving bowl, mash together the avocados, lemon juice and salt.
- Fold in the remaining vegetables and seasonings.
- Serve with the tortilla chips.
DH wanted to make guacamole & I was happy to find this recipe! We left out the celery salt since dh doesn't like it. We loved it! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.
Great variation on guacamole! We enjoyed the veggies and the little kick from the spices. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
My family really loves homemade guacomole, so this was really good to have, especially since I hadn't made one of these, in a really long time. I like the fact that it was a bit of a change from other guacomole recipes I have made, and I didn't think the spices are overpowering, although you can tell the spices were there. It was the coolness of the avocado that toned down the spices.