Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The greatest grilled shrimp recipe of all-time.
- 1 lb shrimp (At least 21-24 count)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (Light or dark)
- 1⁄4 cup cajun seasoning (I use Badia brand Louisiana Cajun Hot Seasoning Blend)
- red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- Peel and devein shrimp. Then pat them dry.
- Combine Brown Sugar and Seasoning blend. (Add more or less seasoning blend to increase or decrease heat) Add the red pepper flakes now if so desired.
- Toss shrimp and Brown Sugar mixture in a bowl or ziploc bag. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut each bacon strip into at least 3 pieces. (Just big enough to wrap around shrimp one time.).
- Wrap bacon around coated shrimp and then skewer them on soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers.
- Pre-heat grill to High/medium high. Rub oil on grating or spray with Pam to prevent sticking.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side until bacon turns golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
I only used 1/2 lb. of shrimp and served them as an appy. We loved the taste of seasoning and the bacon was wonderful with the shrimp. A true keeper! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.