Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from a recipe card for fresh herbs I got at WalMart. Great with potatoes and a salad. Prep time includes 2 hours of marinade time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Baste While Cooking
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a sharp knife, make 2-3 slits in the flesh of each chicken breast.
- Insert a slice of garlic in each slit.
- Season each breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, red pepper, oregano, sage and thyme.
- Rub chicken with spice mixture; chill 2-24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix together oil and lemon juice and brush onto chicken.
- Grill for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once, basting with any remaining lemon and oil mixture.