Recipe by yooper
These 'shrooms pack plenty of heat thanks to the 1/4 cup of pepper and Tabasco sauce!
Top Review by Bergy
Mark what a simple GREAT recipe. I cut way back on the butter (I would have loved to use the whole cup) to 1/4 cup, didn't use the whole 5oz of wocestershire. I served them with garlic chicken breasts, small endive salad, Mashed potatoes, Cumin Brussels sproats, baby carrots - Nothing wrong with this dinner nor this recipe Thanks Mark
- 1 1⁄2 lbs button mushrooms
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 5 -6 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim any woody ends from mushroom stems.
- Wipe trimmed mushrooms with a damp towel.
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, toss to coat with butter or margarine.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Cover pan; cook mushrooms, stirring frequently.
- Do not let mushrooms stick to pan.
- Mushrooms are done when butter or margarine seperates from Worcestershire sauce and mushrroms are glazed with a heavy, dark caramel colored sauce, about 20 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, discarding any sauce.
- Serve hot.