Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These 'shrooms pack plenty of heat thanks to the 1/4 cup of pepper and Tabasco sauce!
Make and share this Cajun Glazed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Trim any woody ends from mushroom stems.
- Wipe trimmed mushrooms with a damp towel.
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, toss to coat with butter or margarine.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Cover pan; cook mushrooms, stirring frequently.
- Do not let mushrooms stick to pan.
- Mushrooms are done when butter or margarine seperates from Worcestershire sauce and mushrroms are glazed with a heavy, dark caramel colored sauce, about 20 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, discarding any sauce.
- Serve hot.
Mark what a simple GREAT recipe. I cut way back on the butter (I would have loved to use the whole cup) to 1/4 cup, didn't use the whole 5oz of wocestershire. I served them with garlic chicken breasts, small endive salad, Mashed potatoes, Cumin Brussels sproats, baby carrots - Nothing wrong with this dinner nor this recipe Thanks Mark
Absolutely brilliant !! Made this as an entree for 4 people. (Only used half the pepper, but stuck to the rest of the recipe.) Only used half, for 4. When I said there was more, everyone wanted seconds, and we finished the whole lot !! Michael, from Melbourne.
I lost my copy of the cajun cooking icon, Terry Thompson's Cajun-Creole Cooking (1986 edition) in a move, so was happy to see someone published it on this site. These mushrooms are a crowd favorite, and elevate an ordinary grilled steak to new flavor heights. Enjoy!