Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also very good for ribs or other meats.
- 1 cup cane syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creole mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sassafras leaves
- Blend all ingredients well and pour or brush over ham or other meat,good on ribbs too, prior to baking.
- Baste meat occasionally with pan residue.
This was excellent. I will use it for ham making from now on. I added 1/2 cup additional brown sugar.
This was an exceptionally good glaze. I used it on ham and everyone liked it. Good on pork chops or pork roast as well.