Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my mom and dad....we've had it for years and it is requested at all family gatherings during the Spring and Summer! Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 10 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- Blend tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, celery and onion in a blender until slightly liquid but still having some texture to the veggies.
- In a large serving bowl, pour the blended mixture and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- SERVE COLD.