Recipe by Sherrybeth
This recipe is from my mom and dad....we've had it for years and it is requested at all family gatherings during the Spring and Summer! Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 10 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, celery and onion in a blender until slightly liquid but still having some texture to the veggies.
- In a large serving bowl, pour the blended mixture and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and refrigerate for one hour before serving to allow flavors to meld.
- SERVE COLD.