Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love jambalaya and this garlic one is a big hit. I hope you like it also.
Make and share this Cajun Garlic Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (country style)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced smoked ham (to make tasso, pound) or 1 1⁄2 cups tasso (to make tasso, pound)
- coarse black pepper, into large piece of ham before dicing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic clove
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups stock
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot salsa or 1 (12 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions with top
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Brown crumbled breakfast sausage in heavy 4-6 quart pan or skillet, drain fat.
- Add peppers, onions, celery and Cajun powder. Simmer until just about tender, then add garlic and cook until tender.
- Add rice and stir until rice is mixed in and coated with sausage and vegetables.
- Add broth and Piquante, bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand five minutes covered.
- Add fresh chopped onions and parsley and fluff with a fork just before serving.
- Serve with French bread and a garden salad.