1/1 Photo of Cajun Fried Rice
ROBIN PENA's Note:
I got this off a Tabasco box. It seems complicated, but it's really easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 lb peeled crayfish tails or 1/2 lb shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup frozen green pea
- 1In small bowl combine soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and 2 tsp Tabasco.
- 2Mix well; stir in crawfish and set aside.
- 3In another bowl beat eggs with 1/4 tsp salt, remaining sesame oil, and Tabasco.
- 4Heat wok or large skillet until hot.
- 5Add 1 tbsp oil and crawfish mixture.
- 6Stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until crawfish are done.
- 7Remove from wok and set aside.
- 8Add another tbsp oil to wok; add onion.
- 9Stir-fry 1-2 minutes and remove.
- 10Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in wok; add egg mixture.
- 11Stir-fry 1 minute or until done.
- 12Add cold rice and stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- 13Add everything to wok and cook 2 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 848.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g