Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not for the sodium-watchers! This is my great-aunt's recipe...I like to go crazy with the seasonings to give it extra kick, but I go easy on the salt and Tony's when other people are joining me, because most people don't love salt as much as I do!
- Drizzle a skillet with olive oil and turn on the stove (medium heat).
- Chop 4 slices of bacon into small pieces (about 1/4 square inch -- as small as you can get). I use my kitchen scissors for this, because bacon is a pain to cut! Put all the bacon into the skillet.
- Season the bacon pieces with garlic pepper. Use quite a bit here (I don't like measurements, so use your own judgement!).
- While the bacon is cooking, get two cups of Minute Rice and put it in a large measuring cup (or a large mug, or anything that holds 2 cups) and COVER rice with water.
- When the bacon is cooked, turn down the stove to low and pour the rice and water into the skillet.
- Heat 3 chicken buillon cubes in one cup of water. (Put it in the microwave for about one minute, or just long enough for the cubes to dissolve). Pour the mixture into the skillet.
- Add cajun seasoning, chopped onion, more garlic pepper, or any other seasoning to taste. Cover the skillet and adjust stove to medium.
- You must stir quite often because the bottom of the rice will start to get crisp from the frying. Don't worry! The crispy parts are really good--just stir them in so it doesn't burn! The dish is complete when the rice is tender and golden.
- I recommend trying this with some blackened chicken or fish.