Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 large white potatoes, unpared,scrubbed b,oiling,salted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, about
- 2 cups oil, for frying
- Cut the potatoes into 1" cubes.
- Add to boiling salted water.
- Cook just until fork tender but not mushy, about 7 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the salt, peppers, onion and garlic power, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the spices.
- Toss to coat all pieces evenly-- You may do this much in advance and hold the potatoes as long as an hour before completing the dish.
- Heat about 1" oil in a wok or deep skillet to about 350 degrees or until a piece of potato sizzles when added to the oil.
- Add the potatoes.
- Fry until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently.
- Remove from Heat,drain and serve immediately.