Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Alabama Living comes this recipe for delicious fried cucumbers. Can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Very yummy!
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup bacon drippings
- Season cucumbers with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip the slices in the beaten eggs.
- Coat the slices with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the bacon drippings and fry the cucumbers until brown on both sides.
- Drain and serve hot.
I love fried pickles so was eager to try this recipe. I used English cukes, so I didn't have to peel them, and used my mandoline for slicing so they were all a uniform thickness. For the Cajun Spice Mix, I used ~Rita~'s Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe which is quite good. Very tasty! Made for ZWT5, Hell's Kitchen Angels
How ironic??I made fried pickles from a recipe on Zaar and my dad tried them, but walking past to take his plate to the sink he commented on how he would like to try fried cucumbers. I never heard of such a thing and tonight I clicked on your link to view all your recipes and it was the first thing I saw. So I will update the review as soon as I make them. Thanks!!