Recipe by KittyKitty
These will appeal to you if you are a fan of crisp fried chicken. They are quick fried in peanut oil.
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (1 1/4 lb) Cornish hens
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 gallons peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Cajun seasoning and pepper; rub over inside and outside of hens. Tie legs together with one end of a 30-inch string.
- Place flour in a large heavy duty, zip top plastic bag; add hens, 1 at a time, and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Pour oil to a depth of 4 inches into a deep pot of a propane cooker; heat to 350°F carefully lower hens into hot oil, using string.
- Fry 18-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 180°F remove hens from oil, and drain on paper towels; remove string before serving.