Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the American Diabetes Assn. These spicy-sweet fries are so crisp and tasty you won't miss the traditional variety. Posted for safe-keeping.
- 6 (1020.58 g) idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced into eighths
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine potatoes and oil in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle over potatoes and toss well until all potatoes are coated with seasoning.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread potatoes evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
I'm giving these a five star because of the spicy flavor...I think I would call these wedges instead of fries...with that said...I cooked my wedges (with skins on) for 45 minutes and they were done but not crispy...so either I would suggest you throw them under the broiler for a few minutes or cut them thinner...into fries...but the flavor of these hit my spicy pallet...thanks for posting the recipe...made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)