Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From www.GloriousOnePotMeals.com: Fall and winter don’t have to mean the misery of colds, flu and other viral infections if you feed your body what it needs to fight them off. Try this easy, immunity-boosting one-pot meal full of cold- and flu-fighting foods. Eat it in good health!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb white fish fillet (catfish, sole, cod, halibut, tilapia...)
- 1 dash creole seasoning or 1 dash cajun seasoning, to taste
- 3 -5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups spinach or 4 cups kale leaves, chopped roughly
- 8 small roma tomatoes, washed & quartered
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray inside of 4-quart cast iron Dutch oven and underside of lid with olive oil or canola oil spray.
- Scrub sweet potato well and cut out any bad spots or eyes. Slice into 1/2" rounds.
- Line base of pot with onions. Wash fish and pat dry with paper towels. Lay the fish over the onions in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the top side liberally with Cajun seasoning mix according to taste.
- Layer potatoes, garlic, onions, and tomatoes, interspersing sprinkles of spices as desired. Top with spinach. Pack in as many vegetables as possible without compromising the seal when the lid is closed.
- Cover and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. You should smell the aroma wafting from the oven that tells you everything is done. Wait 3 minutes until it is more of a full-bodied, finished meal aroma. Serve immediately.
- Per serving:
- Cal 240.
- Prot 25g.
- Carb 32g.
- Fat 3g.
- Chol 54 mg.
- Sod 114 mg.
- Fiber 7g.