Elizabeth Yarnell's Note:
From www.GloriousOnePotMeals.com: Fall and winter don’t have to mean the misery of colds, flu and other viral infections if you feed your body what it needs to fight them off. Try this easy, immunity-boosting one-pot meal full of cold- and flu-fighting foods. Eat it in good health!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2-3/4 lb white fish fillet (catfish, sole, cod, halibut, tilapia...)
- 1 dash creole seasoning or 1 dash cajun seasoning, to taste
- 3 -5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups spinach or 4 cups kale leaves, chopped roughly
- 8 small roma tomatoes, washed & quartered
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray inside of 4-quart cast iron Dutch oven and underside of lid with olive oil or canola oil spray.
- 2Scrub sweet potato well and cut out any bad spots or eyes. Slice into 1/2" rounds.
- 3Line base of pot with onions. Wash fish and pat dry with paper towels. Lay the fish over the onions in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle the top side liberally with Cajun seasoning mix according to taste.
- 4Layer potatoes, garlic, onions, and tomatoes, interspersing sprinkles of spices as desired. Top with spinach. Pack in as many vegetables as possible without compromising the seal when the lid is closed.
- 5Cover and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. You should smell the aroma wafting from the oven that tells you everything is done. Wait 3 minutes until it is more of a full-bodied, finished meal aroma. Serve immediately.
- 6Per serving:
- 7Cal 240.
- 8Prot 25g.
- 9Carb 32g.
- 10Fat 3g.
- 11Chol 54 mg.
- 12Sod 114 mg.
- 13Fiber 7g.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Fish With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.1
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 106.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: