Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A different type of patties
- 400 g fish fillets
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices
- plain flour, for dusting
- In a food processor, combine fish fillets, green shallots, garlic, fish sauce, coriander, lemon juice and cajun spice.
- Process until smooth.
- Form into 8 patties. Toss lightly in flour.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Fry patties for 3-4 mins each side, in batches, till golden and cooked through.
Fish Sauce is potent if you aren't used to salty food. I would reduce in half. Ohter than that the recipe would taste really good.
These are delicious. The recipe is easy-to-make -- so quick to buzz everything up in the food processor. But a word of caution. The mixture was so sticky that I had to wear latex gloves to shape the patties. You could probably make each patty much smaller and have a platter of appetisers. Also think you could replace the cajun spices with other varieties such as Moroccan, Asian, Bush etc. We served our patties with sweet chili sauce. Yum, yum. Thanks Sonya.