Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender bites of fish in a tasty and easy to make dip. You can kiss your neighborhood Fish and Chips shop goodbye. Serve with fries or rice and steamed veggies.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets (4 white fish fillets) or 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets (4 white fish fillets) or 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets (4 white fish fillets)
- In large shallow dish, whisk together flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, combine mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice; set 1/4 cup aside for serving.
- Cut fish into 2-inch chunks; dip into mayonnaise mixture, then flour mixture, turning to coat.
- Place fish on greased rimmed baking sheet, bake in 450F oven until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Broil until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Serve with reserved mayonnaise mixture for dipping.
I loved these! I made them with tilapia fillets and scaled it down to one serving. I used taco seasoning since I did not have cajun seasioning. Loved this healthier verison of fish nuggets! Made for PAC 07!