Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make the rub as hot or mild as you wish. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried thyme or 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 halibut fillets
- lemon wedge
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and oil to make a paste.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Using the back of a spoon, rub paste mixture evenly over the entire surface of the fish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat bbq to medium high and grease grill.
- BBQ halibut, turning once, until cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes per side (Alternately, cook fish in a nonstick frypan over medium high heat).
- Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Remove fish to a serving plate and serve with lemon wedges.
- This rub works equally well with salmon, sea bass or tuna.
This was outstanding!!! We couldn't get enough if this perfectly seasoned fish! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to make this again. :-)
We really enjoyed this. Nice different way to have fish. Thanks!!
Superb!!! Thanks for the recipe. I oven baked it on a greased baking dish & served with potato wedges & spiced spinnache!!! Thanks again