Recipe by Boomette
In this recipe, tilapia, haddock or sole fillets can be use. This recipe comes from the issue of March 2006 from Coup de Pouce.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs haddock fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets, cut in dices of 2 inches
Directions See How It's Made
- In a not too deep bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. In another bowl not too deep, mix mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice (set aside 1/4 cup of this mayonnaise for later).
- Soak fish fillets in the mixture of mayonnaise, then in the mixture of flour flipping them to coat well. Put fish fillets on a greased baking sheet.
- Cook in a preheated oven of 450 F for about 10 minutes or until croquettes are golden. Keep cooking under the broiler for about 4 minutes or until crispy. Serve with the mixture of mayonnaise that you set aside.